Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring Half Marathon Training Week 12

What happened to weeks 1 to 11?? Well, I wasn't blogging and really, I don't feel like going through all of the previous weeks. Let's just say I did some running, did some P90X and some yoga.

Week 12 recap


Monday
P90X Chest & Back, Chalean Extreme Ab Burner. Followed by Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga. Not my favourite DVD by any means. Too much chatter.

Tuesday
Before Work: 5K Tempo Run on Treadmill. Aiming for a 7 minute/km pace, came in at 6:57/km. Ran 15 minutes, walked 2, ran 18 minutes. Doing what I can to make 10/1's feel more comfortable.
Yoga for Runners: Post Run

Wednesday
Bob Harper Pure Burn Super Strength - I've had this for awhile but first time I've done the workout. Very challenging.
Yoga for Hips, Hamstrings and Back

Thursday
6K in nice weather! Followed by Rodney Yee Ultimate Power Yoga - Sun Salutations. DVD had just arrived from Amazon. Quickly becoming my favourite yoga DVD.

Friday
Yoga for Runners - Pre Run. Other wise a day off.

Saturday
Harry's Spring Run Off 8K
60 minute Moksha class

Sunday
90 Minute Hatha Class

Overall a good week. Not much in the way of overall mileage, but as it was a race week, took things a bit early. Lots of yoga. Also think I'm going to start deviating away from P90X and start switching up my weight training a bit.

2 comments:

  1. I could 12 discrete workouts! You're a machine! I wish I had have the motivation that you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still sticking with the daily yoga huh? Good for you. I always mean to do it but never do. I think my body would be much better off if I was as dedicated as you are to it. Nice week!

    ReplyDelete