Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day Before

Saturday = rest day. I did all of my errands and running around yesterday afternoon so today I'm going to relax, eat properly and get ready for Sunday morning. I have pasta for dinner,  Downton Abbey and Spirit of the Marathon on DVD.

After my MRI yesterday, I hit up race kit pick up and the expo.


Besides the shirt and bag, the race kit wasn't too exciting. A juice box, a mini cliff bar and the usual flyers. I like the shirt though. Fits alright and I like that there is a different shirt for each distance (the marathon shirt looks the best. As it should).

I wandered around the expo for a bit. I didn't end up buying anything except for a renewal on Canadian Running magazine. I did stop by the Run Disney booth and picked up a brochure. They did have all of their medals out including the goofy medal. I felt kind of emotional holding it. Sigh. Someday.

Race Goals


My goal tomorrow is to finish strong. I'm expecting to finish in about 3 hours which is slow yes, but its realistic for me. Signing up for this half marathon was (and still is) so far out of my comfort zone. This is the first of what will hopefully be many half marathons so there's lots of time to work on speed and times later. First one is always a PR!



0 comments:

Post a Comment