Sunday, October 9, 2011

7 Days

I'm on a bit of a countdown to the half marathon. Its pretty much all I can think about right now.

Yesterday -  ran 10 km. I started out too quick which came back to bite me later. At one point I looked down at my garmin and realized I was at a 5:30m/km pace. Um, no. My overall pace wound up at 8:02/km which is where I want to be right now for longer distances. I'm expecting to be more around 8:30m/km at the actual race.

When I got home, I stretched a bit. I have a pain in the muscle of my left leg which is a bit worrisome but it only seems to hurt if I put pressure on it.

I picked up a couple of books for motivation.



"No Need for Speed" and "Accidental Athlete" both by John "The Penguin" Bingham. I think of myself as a bit of penguin so these are both right up my alley.

On today's agenda - rest and pie baking. Yum yum. Pie won't get eaten though until tomorrow night at my parents' house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment