Monday, March 21, 2011

Unhappy Body

Whole lot of ups and downs this week-end.
Saturday, I had to work during the day but came home and went out for a run. I was only going to do 3K but once I was out, I noticed that my favourite running path was clear of snow! Yay!! So off I went.
I ended up doing 5.03K in 39 minutes at a 7:48/km pace. Pretty good. My goal is to be able to keep up a 7:30/km pace. As I increase my run intervals, my time goes down.

Sunday was not so good. I was feeling off most of the day. I did drag myself out for a run, just wanted to do 3K since I did 5 the day before. 3 was a struggle. It was harder than any run I had done in the past week. My pace was alright (7:47/km) but I felt wiped out.
When I got home, I pretty much lay in bed for 20 minutes. I didn’t stretch, which probably didn’t help matters. Just lay down gulping down water (note to self – take fuel belt no matter how short the run).
As the evening went on, my joints starting hurting – my hands, my knees, my feet, my hips. I was dizzy and feverish – a fabulous flare up. Not fun. I haven’t had one in a while. Went to bed at 9:30 and slept solidly to 7 this morning. I’m feeling much better now, but maybe I need to take it easy for a bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment