Tuesday, March 15, 2011

2011 Races

Just back from a run. Its a lovely spring like day. 6 degrees Celsius and sunny. I really want the last of the snow to melt.
Today’s run:
Distance: 4.52K
Time: 35 minutes
Pace: 7:44 min/Km
Intervals: 2 min run/1 min walk
My goal is to increase my run interval by one minute every week. Was feeling good with the 2/1.
The last 500 metres of my run, I decided to just run, no walking, no looking at my heart rate monitor. I ran 5 minutes straight and didn’t keel over at the end. So I know that I can handle more than 2 minutes of running at a time, just not sure if I can maintain that though for an extended period of time.
I love running.
2011 Racing Plan:
sl10klogo
Sporting Life 10K on May 1st. I registered for this after coming back from Sunday’s run.

half_2011
Toronto Women’s on May 29th. I am clearly doing the 5K and not the half marathon (not yet, maybe next year).

10k-2011
Toronto Women’s 10K on August 27th. This was my first 5K last year and this year, I’m moving up to the 10K.
5Miler
Toronto Women’s 8K. Again, I did the 5K portion last year. I really like this series.
stwmlogo_print
And a marathon! Ha – just kidding. I’ll do the 5K portion. I’m trying to convince my husband to do this one with me.
Of course, this is all dependent on my RA staying in check, but I’ve been pretty much pain free for a year, so I’m sure it’ll be fine (touch wood).

0 comments:

Post a Comment